Somewhere over the rainbow-me on Cello!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cellos, cellos, and more cellos :D

Hey it's my 4th post IN A ROW!! :D *Virtual high-five to whoever is reading this* haha :) Soooooooo.... I'm stumped... Hey I know! You know my favorite artist, Steven Sharp Nelson? Well he came out with this FANTASTIC and AWESOME video of "Nearer My God to Thee" for 9 CELLOS. Let me repeat, 9 CELLOS!!!!!! Now how cool is THAT? :D Though, if you wanted to play it in sacrament meeting, how would you fit all 9 Cellists up there? O.o haha I'm sure I would find a way! :) And because I love you all SOOOOOO much, I will put the link right here. I'll even embed it in here, so you have no excuses for not watching it. :D

Most awesome video everrrrrrrr!! 
Next to Moonlight, of course!


A few days ago I found out that Steve is coming up with Jon on the 20th of December to Idaho Falls! I am so happy! I just have to convince my parents to let me go haha! I was talking to my friend Beth (she has an awesome blog here) (Not to be confused with my sister Beth, though this Beth is like my sister), and I said, "Beth guess what? Steven Sharp Nelson is coming to Idaho Falls in December!" and she said, "Oh that's cool!" and I said, "Yeah he's coming up with Jon. I'm so excited for Steve to be coming up here!!!!! " (if you couldn't tell, that was like an excited shout/scream that usually doesn't come from me. It is usually heard from screaming 10 year olds at a Miley Cyrus concert!) and Beth starts laughing SO hard (She knows how much I love his music!)! For you see, Jon and Steve are like, the dynamic duo! But being a Cellist myself, I'm more partial to the Cellist of the duo. :) He's like, really awesome. :D So is Jon (just to show you I'm not biased hehe)! He can play the Piano upside down and have his arms crossed! And they are both LDS! :D It makes me so dang happy. I know if Beth sees this post she would say something like, "Just because they are LDS doesn't mean anything" or something like that. ;) But I guess it just shows me that I too can be a musician and LDS and have an awesome life! Maybe it's just me. I don't know... maybe I'm wEiRd?!? haha! (I actually already knew that. I think it started when I found out that being in orchestra meant that I was an "Orch dork" and I got all excited about it!) I just hope that someday, I can be an orchestra teacher and be so dang good at the Cello! :D Hopefully all my practice won't go to waste. :)

Well, I am going to leave you with one final video. It's me, playing in a chamber ensemble that I was in this summer. I think my playing has improved alot since I started taking lessons. :) Enjoy! Feel free to leave comments below and follow my blog and to even share it with your friends! :D 

That's me, the Cellist! :)

Every one was impressed with my Cello playing, even though I felt like I could have done TONNNNNNSSSS better. I'm sure I will improve with time and practice! I mean, I have played for 4 years now, maybe in a few years I'll be better? Who knows! :)

Well, I take my leave of you. All depart! (from the secret garden, if you couldn't tell.) :D


Don't forget your camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment